Tuesday, November 5, 2013

White wedding card

I have always admired cards and projects that are all white so I tried making a card and envelope last week. My daughter was going to a wedding and she asked me to make a card; she said I could design it however I wanted. Yay!  She okayed the all-white color scheme and I sat down to play! Most of the elements I used started out as plain white paper and it was fun to make the paper into something pretty, although I did use some buttons and a pre-made flower.

Here’s what I came up with:

DSC_0010_edited-2

The card is 5 x7. It is front-heavy so I layered a few pieces of white card stock on the back layer to balance it out.

For the envelope, I used my Stampin Up! Envelope Punch Board to make a modified envelope. I followed the measurements on the punch board but then I also scored 1/4” wider all the way around. It was like a very thin box:

DSC_0007_edited-2

I am pleased with how the card and envelope/box turned out.

Have you ever  made an all-white project? I’d love to see – link it up in the comments!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!!! I loveeeeeeee the rosettes!!!!